Sunday, July 5, 2015

I am going to get fat..... I am in a car now

Hello hello!

Everyone I'm so excited to write you all! Goodness it seems likes it's been an eternity since my last p dizzle day! Goodness what a week it has been... So after pday last week we were so tired. Pentagon and standing outside for the change of the guard really made me want to die but it was so much fun!!!!! Yeah that night we went to go see Jackie and we taught her some of the commandments and she did a real good job at understanding! We have been working so hard with Jackie and it's been great!! On Tuesday we had district meeting and it was great we took our last picture together as a district because we knew that somebody would be transferred! Haha the American flag picture is us. I love my district it is so amazing and I am so happy to have been a part of it:) so Tuesday it was 100 degrees outside and very very humid. It was pretty miserable especially cause we don't have a car. We had a lesson to teach down in this neighborhood called Rockshire and the Franconia elders were nice enough to give us a ride there but they couldn't pick us up. So we get to the appointment and her name was Aljelique and her kids. She walks up to us and says we already believe in Jesus and we don't need any more than that and slams the door in our faces! Oh I was so upset... So we had to walk 45 minutes home in the crazy hot weather outside. Haha it's all good though! When we got back we immediately were picked up for dinner so it's all good:) the rest of the night we went out with brother McGee and tried to find less active members and potential investigators. That night was transfer calls. Elder Stenquist got the call that everyone would be staying except for me....... I was so upset because I wanted to stay and teach Jackie and I had only been in Alexandria for two transfers! Oh well the Lord needed me elsewhere! So Wednesday we spent a good amount of the day packing up my things.That night we went to go see Jackie and we taught her the law of chastity ha she was pretty nervous for this lesson but we told her she would be fine:) we told her that repentance is a real process and it does work! I'm so excited for Jackie and the progress that her and her son Josiah are making. I'm going to miss Jackie and Josiah so much. I would do anything for them they mean so much to me and I am so happy for the progress that Jackie is making In the gospel. I will admit that when I told her I would be leaving and couldn't see them again I did tear up. It was so rough! So mom and dad we are going to visit Jackie and Josiah after the mission and Emilee can be friends with him! I am trying to make it back to Jackies baptism for July 11th so I really hope I can get a ride there or I'll be pretty sad:( Thursday was transfer day and I got to take a picture with president and sister Riggs! This was their last transfer meeting. I'm going to miss them so badly too! Urg! I am not good with change! So it turns out I got transferred to the Vint hill ward out in Manasses Virginia! I live on the very border of the mission! It's straight country out here! It's a big change from Alexandria. But I'm in a car now so I am probably going to get FAT! Oh wait I already am fat! dangit! We have a big gym to ourselves here though so I'm trying to stay in shape! I've been rowing on the row machine and that kills me...my new companion is Elder Lee and he is from Fresno California. He is a pretty cool guy. We have been working pretty hard and I have been learning a lot from him. He is the district leader right now so that's pretty cool. There are like 5 people In The vint hill ward that have either lived in Colorado Springs or have family that are living in Colorado Springs so that's pretty cool and our bishop is so awesome! Bishop Wightman is so sweet! This week I've really been having a hard time with change. I honestly miss my old area and miss Elder Adair that guy is a stud. But I know that the lord wants me to be here in Manasses and there is somebody that only I can teach here! I read the talk from October 2008 general conference "come what may and love it" by elder Joseph b Wirthlin. I love this talk and it has helped me out in my time of trial and all the stress I have been having has been settled 

"I think she may have meant that every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don’t sing and bells don’t ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result."

Later on in the talk elder Wirthlin says

"I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it.


        As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial. We can say, as did my mother, “Come what may, and love it.” Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." 

I love Elder Wirthlin and the great words of his mother. I'm pretty sure I've heard my own mother say this a couple of times to me ;) anyways I hope that you are all having a great week and I miss you all so badly and I know that I care about each and every one of you. You are all amazing and I am so happy that each of you are part of my life and each of you are great examples to me!! Love you all!

Elder Routsong 


No comments:

Post a Comment