Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Living the Trio Life

Friends and family!!

Hey hey how is everyone!! I just talked to you all on Thursday!! But
I'm super happy to email this week! I'm doing good here and I didn't
hurt myself in any way playing dodgeball on Thursday! So that's pretty
good! An elder in my zone did get a concussion cause he got nailed In
the head so hard with a dodgeball. That was pretty cool I guess. He is
doing okay he is a tough kid! So yeah I am in a trio companionship. Me
and Elder Holdaway who is from pleasant grove Utah and Elder Vasilyev
from the Ural Mountains of the mother Russia! He is a pretty cool kid.
Elder Holdaway is afraid of him hahaha. We have been working hard
though! It's fun having three missionaries it's awkward but it's fun!
We have some fun times when we are not working it's always a blast
when we finish the day. So right after pday on Thursday we had splits
with a member of our Ward. Now when there are three missionaries in
one area two of them stay together and one goes with a member. So
brother Wolfe and I went out tracting and looking for people to teach.
We were having no luck...I decided that we should check up on a random
person we talked to about a month ago. Their names are Noor and Ahmed.
Can you guess where they are from...? Iran. Ha they were so cool! They
let us in and we got to teach them! They are Muslim so they had a few
different beliefs than us. But I loved them from the moment I walked
into the door. It was weird teaching a lesson basically on my own but
Brother Wolfe did an amazing job! We committed them to read the Book
of Mormon and Noor said that she was so excited to read it! It was
awesome! I felt the spirit in there and I know as Noor and Ahmed read
the pages in that book they will too! Great! Friday was a pretty good
day we helped a non member move some stuff out of her house because
she is getting a divorce. So sad! Luckily she is moving in with a
family from out Ward so we are going to start teaching her! So that
pretty awesome I know that the gospel can change her life for the
better! But yeah on the funnier part of Friday we had two dinners..we
forgot about one of them and he called us and we went over and ate a
whole bunch of pizza. Haha Elder Vasilyev got so sick it was pretty
freaking funny! Then we went on exchanges and Elder Holdaway went with
a member from our Ward and Elder V and I went back home cause he was
sick haha when then met up again and had another dinner at the
Camberos house! It was so funny we wanted to die cause we were so
stuffed!  Saturday was fun as well we went to President Dionne's house
he is the stake president of the Centerville stake and we had mission
correlation with him! He is so amazing and very spiritual it's great!
Then we had leadership meeting and it was mostly just busy work on
Saturday but we had our Ward party on Saturday so that was pretty
cool! We got to meet with the members and they are always so darn
nice! The Tall Cedars Ward is such a sweet Ward and the members are so
missionary minded. Sunday was by far the best day of the last two
transfers....KATHY GOT BAPTIZED. It was such an amazing experience I
got to see everyone from my old Ward and see Kathy get baptized. She
is so wonderful and I am so grateful that I got to be a part in her
conversion! She is amazing!! Anyways that was my week! It was good and
I am so happy for Kathy! Ahhhhhhh!!! Life is good. Many days are so
dang hard on the mission. But when you see even one person enter the
waters of baptism and progress toward the temple it makes it all worth
it. I used to tell my greenie Elder Snow "it's like finding a piece if
hay in a needle stack." Haha here is a scriptures that's been on my
mind since Katy's baptism  out of the Doctrine and Covenants section
18

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying
repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me,
how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have
brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your
joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

17 Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my salvation.

18 Ask the Father in my name in faith, believing that you shall
receive, and you shall have the Holy Ghost, which manifesteth all
things which are expedient unto the children of men.

how great will be your joy!! My dad sends that to me every week!

Life is good and working hard !

Love you all and have a great week!!

Elder Routsong


No comments:

Post a Comment