Monday, March 28, 2016

Busy Week

Family!

How are you all doing this week?! My week was pretty eventful and
busy. We worked really really hard and got to see some cool things
happen! I had an experience this morning in my studies where I was
doubting myself and my prayers...as soon as I open the Book of Mormon
I read out of 2 Nephi 32: 9 "But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint;that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that He will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be
for the welfare of thy soul."

We need to pray always! Have a prayer in our hearts not just say a prayer every morning when we wake up and at night before we go to sleep. It was a good reminder that God is looking out for me and giving me answers out of love.

On Monday of last week we didn't really do a whole lot. We went to Burlington coat factory and I bought a sweet pink paisley tie...it looks dang good. We also played football at this park In Franconia.
President and Sister Huntsman even stopped by to say hi! That night after pday we got to spend some time with the Ward for FHE. Tuesday was alright too we had district meeting and we got to know each other
so it was a fun time. We drove to Reston and our appointment fell through so we went to Popeyes with my old pal Elder Vasilyev! I missed spending time with Elder Vasilyev he is a good guy. Right before
dinner we were tracting and met this guy named van powers haha he is
sick! He had met mother Teresa before! As we were talking to him he was basically teaching us the plan of salvation hahah so awesome we
are going to see him later this week. After that we drove to Herndon
and had pupusas with my convert Milton! Milton is a total bro. He is like my little brother. It was good to see him cause it was a hard day for me but hanging out with Milton turned the day around! Wednesday I had physical therapy and it went super well they are helping me out so
much. I walk out every time sore and dead but it is very good for me.
I talked to my doctor about what path to take to get into pt school and I want to do it so badly! Bentley took us to this place called district taco in arlington for dinner. Bentley is sick. He works for an organization to stop Hillary Clinton for being elected. Ha he gave me a "Hillary for prison" sticker hahahah Thursday we had Mlc and got
to hear from president and sister huntsman so that's always a treat.
We also went to institute and had an in depth lesson on the
restoration and church history. Loved it. Friday morning we taught
this guy from the Philippines. His name is Jojo his apartment had nothing in it...he was so humble and so happy though...if we choose to be happy we can overcome our circumstances with ease. We did service for the oakton stake the rest of the day at a mulch drive it was dang
fun. Saturday we helped with a move, taught this kid named Henry who is pretty legit, had a district blitz and taught gabe. It was busy.
Sunday we taught this guy who was smoking weed named Joshua haha it
was funny...

That's about all that happened this week. I've had a lot of times this week were I was feeling down in the dumps but prayer helps! It really does. Thanks to each of you for your examples and support! I hope this
week is great for you!
Love


No comments:

Post a Comment