Monday, March 28, 2016

One Year and Easter

Friends and family!!

Hello hello how is everyone doing this wonderful week?! I hope and pray that you all had a happy Easter and remembered the true meaning of Easter. I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and his example to me! I know that he lives and that I will see him one day. I see his hand in my life and in the lives of others every single day. I can't believe it though I hit my one year mark! So weird! I'm already halfway done and it's flying by. Last Monday was an alright day we didn't do much for pday just kinda hung around and played some board games. But we did have a lesson with a less active member.... he loves to skateboard and is kind of a grouchy kid but we shared a nice Easter message with him and
are going to help him come back to church. He really is a good guy just really stubborn.
Tuesday was zone training! I was super nervous for it but it actually went pretty well! Elder Neyman and I presented on how to teach the plan of salvation simply. It went super well! I love zone training but preparing for it is super stressful but it always works out in the end! After zone training I went on exchanges with my buddy Elder Overstreet. I love the guy. We get along really well and have the same
humor and interests! We worked the rest of the day and had no luck :/
but it was good talking to him! We had dinner with my favorite member of this Ward ...Bentley. He is sick! He is going to Utah this upcoming week for conference
Wednesday was interesting I had physical therapy in the morning and it went super well! I'm feeling better but it still takes a lot of work!
But I'll be fine! Then we did some yard work for a lady in the Vienna Ward! It was a great time we mulched and cleaned mold off the side of her house haha it was great! Our appointments fell through that night so we spent a lot of time tracting
Thursday was excellent we had lunch with Ric Tally he is a stud then we went to the office and spent the rest of the day tracting and checking on potentials we were over in Reston and found this lady named Yasmin. We are going to teach her the restoration this week! I'm pumped for it! Friday  was my year mark! March 25! This time last year I was walking
into the Mtc...wow that blows my mind. Time sure is different as a missionary it goes a lot faster for some odd reason. We did service the entire day. We mulched for like 9 hours straight at this mansion in the great falls area. It was hard work but dang fun. Then that night I went with the Tysons Ward elders to another service project
which was demolitions on a basement! It was dang fun! All,sweaty and dirty! I loved it! I also burned my shirt at night with elders
Vasilyev and Rammell! It was weird but a fun time!
Saturday was great!  We had breakfast with the high council brother Jardine he is so awesome I love hearing from him. We also Had lunch with my mission family the Williamsons! I love them! Sister Williamson
is my homie and so is Ronnie. We worked in Reston and tracted even more people.
Sunday was my favorite. Easter Sundays are the best Sundays  every
year. The lessons and talks were great! After church we went back to the Williamsons and had Easter dinner! I loved it!! They are my favorite people here!

I can't believe it has been one year here in Virginia. It's been a blast and an emotional roller coaster but I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have been given to leave home and everything I know to serve the lord. He had given me so much in my life.... I truly cannot repay him. I love serving him and being an instrument in His hands to bring the gospel to these people of Virginia! Today we went
to the city to see the cherry blossoms! It was so awesome! I  I Took a lot of good pictures! Love ya have a great week!!






No comments:

Post a Comment