Sunday, March 13, 2016

Transfers

Friends and family!

Hey hey how is everybody doing this lovely week?! I'm doing pretty
good here in northern Virginia! Living in Fair fax is pretty weird.
Fair fax and Arlington are a lot different than Colorado Springs haha it's my first experience living in a big city. Buildings are everywhere and the people are always in a rush. This week we worked pretty hard. So I'll jump right into it!
Last Monday for pday we went to top golf. It was such a good time and the weather was just perfect. After that we played some basketball in Centreville. Typical elder Routsong playing basketball on a pday... I know! That night we went over to a members house in the Oakmarr Ward.
It was the worst dinner ever haha the kids just made fun of me the whole time haha it actually wasn't that bad I just don't want to repeat it. We also to a recent convert Bentley in our Ward to give a blessing to our Ward mission leader. Bentley was so nervous but he is a stud! He has been a member for a year. He is a great example to me of a faithful follower of Christ. On Tuesday we had a good time at
district meetings we all had the opportunity to bare or testimonies.
It was a good experience. The spirit was really strong! We had dinner at Marie's house in Springfield and she is so awesome. She is from Sierra Leone and loves the missionaries. The assistants were there and
we had a great time! We also found out transfers. We figured out Elder Risenhoover will be leaving and I will be getting a new companion. I
was really sad about that cause I only was with Hoover for one transfer. Kinda sucks. Wednesday Elder Risenhoover spent a good amount of time packing up his stuff. We went to Walmart and saw these three
dudes shoplifting. They got arrested! It was so sick! Thursday was a crazy day. We had to wake up super early to work out! Then we drove to Arlington to pick up an elders bike and drove all the way to transfer meeting. Transfers was awesome I always love seeing my missionary
friends! I really missed Elder King I hope we get to be comps one day!
My new companion is Elder Neyman from Provo Utah he went to Timpview high school. He had been out for about 19 months. He is excited to be
in the Langley Ward. After transfers we had a zone meeting and it was awesome we do a little get to know you game and everybody basically goes crazy. It's a fun time. That night we attended institute. I loved it! We studied church history! Friday we spent the whole day driving
basically. Nobody was answering their doors...it was s rough day but we got through it. Saturday was fun though! We went street contacting
in Arlington! People are so weird there I love it! We also had stake missionary breakfast. The stake made us this huge breakfast for like 40 missionaries! It was dang good. President Hall(stake president)
talked to us about the Book of Mormon and how we need to constantly renew out testimonies of it. I loved every minute of it! That night we read Alma 14 with a less active and talked about how we need to cast our burdens to the feet of the savior. It was a great lesson. I was fasting for strength and to find more joy in the work.
I feel so much better after my fast. Seriously the klord cares about what we ask for even if it is that simple... I also bore my testimony in church about Joseph smith and the Book of Mormon. It's the first time where I've bore my testimony two months in a row! Hahaha I hate
going up there. It was a good week! I'm thankful to be here! Have a good one! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment