Sunday, February 7, 2016

Merry Christmas



Friends and family!

Hello hello I hope that everyone is doing very very well and had a
very merry Christmas!! This past week was pretty cool!! last pday the
entire mission got together and we played some intense basketball! I'm
getting pretty good...😎 haha but it was really fun even president
huntsman played for a little while. After basketball we all went to
firehouse subs that place is mighty good. Then that night we taught
one of our investigators Brian. To be honest...we didn't know what to
teach him and my mind went blank during the lesson. But we followed
the spirit and taught him about building faith in Christ. It was a
really good lesson and he learned a lot. We are going to go back and
see him this evening! On Tuesday we had interviews with president!
Being a zone leader during interviews is pretty exhausting. We were at
the Centreville building from 9-4 p.m. It was way long. We got to
practice teach and train all the missionaries in our zone
individually. The assistants to the president helped us out too. It
was so much work! But we got to spend a lot of time with president so
that's always nice and he took us out to chipotle for lunch so that
was a score. President was telling us some funny stories about his
family haha. Dude is funny. But after interviews we taught an less
active and it was awkward cause he didn't really like us so we taught
a brief lesson and found out he loves Star Wars so we talked about
that for awhile haha. Then we played basketball with the elders quorum
and there were 8 non members there so we played with them and talked
to them a lot. It's a pretty cool experience. So the rest of this week
was pretty special to me so hopefully I can correctly put it into
words. Wednesday morning I had a doctors appointment and the results
weren't what I expected so I was pretty nervous the rest of the day.
But that evening we had a lesson with our most progressing
investigator she is awesome. She wants to be baptized but is super shy
and won't tell us ha. But she is awesome. After that we had a zone
Christmas fireside and we sang carols and bore our testimonies. It was
my privilege to give my testimony at the end of the meeting. The
elders and sisters all felt the spirit during the meeting. It was the
most spiritual meeting I've had my entire mission at this point. Such
a cool experience. Then on Thursday morning we had breakfast with one
of my favorite families in my last Ward they invited a ton of
missionaries and it was a good time for all of us. Then we hit the
road to drive to Maryland to the temple. Most of the mission was
singing in a choir for the Christmas Eve temple show. And I got signed
up to help with parking...it was dang fun though. I got to spend time
with elder jones one of my favorite missionaries out here. We made it
fun even though it was 70'degrees and humid outside....but I'm glad
that I got to spend Christmas Eve doing service for others. There was
a lot of things I would of rather been doing but I'm very grateful
that i got to serve it brought s feeling of peace to me. My reward was
getting to race down the beltway at 80 miles an hour home 😎 Christmas
morning was fun! We had breakfast with the friend family and I loved
my new watch mom and dad! Thanks for all the presents!! I then got to
skype home! It was awesome! I miss you all very much but you all
looked great! I especially missed kari. Then we had lunch with the
smiths and we had a blast with them they are an awesome family. We
then had a feast with the Inman family and played apples to apples.
Christmas was fun! It was cool to celebrate the right way. Focusing on
the savior. It felt so amazing to celebrate that way away from all the
temporal presents. Then elder holdaway and I stayed but till midnight
laying ping pong on our kitchen table ha. Saturday was boring we just
weekly planned. Yesterday was awesome...one of my investigators in
Vint hill was baptized. Jordan onjis! He is so awesome and his baptism
was so special. I was very happy and we all felt the special spirit at
Jordans baptism. Anyways that was my week I loved it!! I miss and love
you all!!
Love
Elder Routsong


No comments:

Post a Comment